[SHR-U] Impressions and Problems

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:14:47 CEST 2009

On 8/14/09, Edder <edder at tkwsping.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Vikas Saurabh<vikas.saurabh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> I'm thinking that a good way to compare phone numbers (for example the
>>> sender of a message and a phone book entry) is to check whether one
>>> number
>>> is a suffix of the other number. Are there any (non-obscure) cases where
>>> this would give false positives?
>>>
>> /etc/frameworkd-phonegui.conf has some configuration for exactly
>> similar purpose. I think thats how the opimd-utils get it info
>> correctly. Should opimd have a function to map these is what dos1
>> would decide :)
>>
>> --Vikas
>
> I think those configuration options moved to: /etc/phone-utils.conf

For opimd-utils users: that's not phone suite, it's only set of test
scripts. It does contact resolving in bad way.
For libframeworkd-phonegui-efl users (default SHR): as said before,
you have to edit /etc/phone-utils.conf to match your country. SHR
Settings module for that is planned and should arrive soon.
For programmers: you can do contact resolving manually using
libphone-utils library (or python-phoneutils bindings), both available
in SHR. opimd soon should handle number normalizing when comparing
correctly, so all you have to do is doing queries with normalized
phone number using libphone-utils.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos