[all / linux] neo as gps unit?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:39:55 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 08:17:49AM -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:
> morning all. i was just sitting here on my debian laptop, poking
> around with tango gps. now my laptop does not have any sort of gps so
> i get the "no gps found" deal at the bottom. that got me thinking, has
> anyone setup there freerunner to act as a gps device for there
> laptops?
>
> if so, is there a wiki about it?
>
> if not, is it possible to do?

Its quite easy to setup.

1) check /etc/init.d/fso-gpsd and set -S parametr to ip:port where ip is
ie ip address of your wifi interface on neo where you would like to access gpsd
from laptop, and port you can keep default gpsd.

2) on laptop check that this ip address is available with ping and then
set address of gpsd in tangogps last tab to that ip.

3) if something goes wrong, check port availability with nmap and gps
data on laptop side with gpspipe.

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa