Bugfix for #1024 (gsm modem re-camping) done

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sat Aug 22 11:49:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

to be honest i just used the same place that Dieter Spaar used in his
fix from [1]. But one problem i see with moving the cap directly beneath
the existing one is the height. I used a 0805 10µF capacitor which could
fit over the existing resistors but then there is not much space left
between the cap, the upper shielding and the lower resistor. And at the
position to the right there is an empty space on the board so i don't
have to worry what component is below.
If i experience any problems with this solution i will try to use an
0603 10µF cap directly beneath the existing one.

I'm sorry to tell you that i don't have a link to a reseller for my caps
because a friend of mine brought me a few 0805 10µF/22µF and 0603 10µF
capacitors from work. :)

But from Farnell you can get 0603 [2] and 0805 [3] 10µF SMD capacitors.
I don't know if Farnell delivers to normal customers instead of
companies. But i do know that Farnell delivers to students and also
gives them a sales discount of 12%. Alternatively you can get all
Farnell components from the reseller HBE at [4] as normal customer in
germany.

Ciao,
     Rainer

[1]http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/hardware/2009-May/001192.html