First contact with the community

Michael Pilgermann KichKasch at gmx.de
Mon Aug 24 10:51:09 CEST 2009

Hi adamou,

welcome! Hope, you will have loads of fun with the device and the community ... nice, seeing more people joining the community - especially (from my point of view) - when they do Python programming ...

First of all; I really agree with Risto - there is loads of work to do in core components of the OM distributions - and Paroli is probably a good example ...

However, if you rather want to start programming on application level, there are for sure some projects seeking for support - I can for instance suggest (I know, me being quite selfish here) contributing to a synchronization tool for the Openmoko called PISI (http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/pisi/).

Depending on your interest, there is tasks
- on GUI (PyGTK extensions or even migration (and re-design) to Elementary)
- on the core (e.g. extend by new domain "tasks")
- on module level (integrate with more data sources)

If you are interested, feel free to contact me - ask about anything - get an account on gforge (http://projects.openmoko.org/) and request access to the project ...

Best regards
Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------