Mechanical Design of the Freerunner/gta02-core/gta03

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:45:25 CEST 2009

2009/8/25 Ben Thompson <bt4 at york.ac.uk>:
> Perhaps it is best simply to have a sequential number which applies
> to any sort of document be it PCB layout, mechanical CAD drawing,
> etc. It is also necesarry to have some sort to revision number, which
> might be separate from the number on the drawing itself.
>
> So what I am saying is, do not do this :-
>
> Example PCB layout     -> PCB-LAYER1-12345-GTA02_core rev 3
> Example CAD drawing    -> DWG-MOULDING-12345-GTA02_core rev 3
>
> Instead do this :-
>
> Example PCB layout     -> 0000001 rev 3
> Example CAD drawing    -> 0000002 rev 3
>
> What does anyone else think?

depends on the number of drawings you have. having worked on projects
(admittedly slightly larger than the neo...) with hundreds of
drawings, it helps no end having your fire protection set labelled
differently to the aircon, and again labelled differently to the
sanitary systems and structural steel.

i'd imagine the same could apply to the pcb layout, case mouldings,
and whatever other component sets you wish to separate