Om2009

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Thu Aug 27 10:59:43 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 04:39:06PM -0600, Angus Ainslie wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Now I have a question of all of you. Should I continue to maintain Om2009.
>From the recent poll by rhk it seems that SHR users outnumber OM users by ~
>7:1. So what I'd like to know is does anyone still think Om2009 is a worthy
>venture or should I move over to SHR and see what help I can be there.

IMO the numbers speak for themselves, Om2009 might just be a dying
horse.

>This should not be interpreted as paroli being abandoned as paroli is in the
>SHR feeds. I haven't tested it, but getting it to work would be one of my first
>tasks if it doesn't.

Hmmh, I never followed SHR really, no idea what it uses, but I like Paroli
so glad to hear this :)

>This question also has a caveat. Before the end of the month I will be
>starting a full time contract which will cut into the time that I will have to
>devote to Om2009. So if Om2009 does move forward the progress will be slow.

In light of a real job, Om2009 hardly seems worth the sacrifice by the
above numbers, and I just saw an email where the new showroom would be
for SHR...

The king is dead, long live the king!

--
mjt