Showroom hosting , roadmap draft & design

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:02:23 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 27.08.2009, 13:52 +0200 schrieb Sebastian
Krzyszkowiak:
> On 8/27/09, David Reyes Samblas Martinez <david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> That was me. I think I can also help you with providing web API for
> >> showroom (well, for integrating SHR Installer it's must have ;)) if
> >> there is no such thing yet in apt-portal.
> > Can you define what funtions has to provide that API? what format or
> > returning do you expect(plain text,html), the more detailed the more
> > easy to see how to do it?
>
> Plain text, easly parsable. About functions, those are few I have
> already in mind: list of categories, list of top rated apps, list of
> apps from category, app details, vote. Maybe also some kind of
> searching, and way to login and logout if it'll be needed.

Just an idea: Maybe a special function for getting the package url
without having to download the whole app details (which may also contain
a screenshot...) so that installing from the apps-in-category list is
possible.

--
Marcel