SHR first experiences & user manual

George Brooke solar.george at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:24:33 CEST 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 08:40:19 Markus T�rnqvist wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:32:09AM +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> >"Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi> writes:
> >> How about preferring nano over vi? I think nano - telling people what
> >> to press, might be more friendlier.
> >
> >Nano is fucked-up shit imho. I'd be sad to see it mentioned in the SHR
> >manual, no matter what the reasoning is.
>
> I could not have expressed it better :D
>
> And if you have an on-screen keyboard, it's slightly less of a suck
> to use an editor that doesn't require you to toggle Ctrl-button states
> every other keypress, but have states in the editor itself.
I'm sure those of you who feel strongly about this will use your favourite editor no matter what the
shr manual says.
However inconvenient the ctrl + button sequances are nano has the advantage of being self-
explanatory to users who don't know it and is therefore better for use a manual where we can't be
sure every reader is au-fait with the different editors and will just use their favourite.

solar.george