[all] Don't answer a call by turning FR upside down..

Thomas Otterbein th.otterbein at gmx.net
Fri Aug 28 11:19:32 CEST 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 09:48 Niels Heyvaert wrote:
> > Shouldn't be very hard but it'd be extremely cool. Integration to a
> > distro (SHR maybe :) might be a bit more of a hack (adding GUI to
> > enable/disable this feature etc) though..
>
> Yes, it does sound like a cool feature, as long as it is turned off by
> default :-).
>
> Question is, is this the right time to add these type of features?

Right, but it's more like an idea yet.

However that reminds me of a list of "features" that could be maintained,
showing a list of things the phone knows already, does not know yet, are not
implemented yet, needs testing, etc. Something like this:

Feature            | SHR-U | Debian | H1 | Android | ...
Suspend               -        -       ?      x       !
Deny-call-by-acc      +        x       ?      -       !
Do-phonecalls         p        p       p      p       p

Legend:
  + Works reliably
  - Works with limitations/problems/fridays-only
  x Not supported
  ? Unknown
  ! Test and report please
  p Planned for the future

Of course a history should be kept who has tested a feature on what platform
and when, so everyone can decide if the information may be outdated. Something
like this:

Editor Comments

Suspend, SHR-U, 2009-08-28, <user>
Tested with Daily build from 2009-08-08. Wifi gone after resume

Suspend, Debian, 2009-08-26, <another user>
Works only two times. Afterwards the FR is frozen.

Deny-call-by-acc, Debian, .....
And so on.

Any volunteers? ;-)

Regards