blink AUX or power light while suspended?

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Fri Aug 28 22:58:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 08:23:46PM +0200, Jose Luis Perez Diez wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Steven
> **<montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com> wrote:
> > To clarify, is it possible to have the LED's on while in suspend at
> > all?  Or does the software have to drive the LED high (and default
> > without software input is off)?
>
> The leds could be on or off on suspend but need the CPU change their state see:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg31158.html

This post in that same thread mentions that leaving an LED on would
halve the battery life while suspended:

http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg30964.html

I'm sure it's around somewhere, but does anyone have any data backing
that statement?  What's the power usage to wake the system, see if you
missed anything, then suspend it again?  I might be willing to accept
lower battery life, as long as it was a feature that could be disabled.

Nathan