Showroom hosting , roadmap draft & design

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sat Aug 29 05:05:36 CEST 2009

<snip>

> Please comment if you like it or not (I know it's not perfect, just an
> idea). Here comes the png:
>
> http://ji-xiansheng.de/tmp/om_packages_mockup.png
>
> jxs

My comments on the mokup some of them will be related to  the coding
effort to reach some of your proposal and what I think it should be
the fisrt relase, as Markus said what we can't reach now we will reach
later:
-Hierarchical clasification:well righ now there is only a flat
classification on apt-portal (as it was on opkg.org) so first release
will have only one level.
-Multiple distros: idem as previous one, but this will be a priority
for futures impovements
-Too big fonts?? If the description become larger and there are much
comments  too much scroll
-As other said, too strong colors, I prefer a dominant white with
details with the official colors ,
-again said by others the OM logo is too big, wasting a lot of
horizontal/vertical space
-Having distros on a column always on left side seem to me again a lot
of space wasting, having a roll over menu, and line some where in the
app description telling "also in this other distros:...." ,and a "not
in your favourite distro?" link with the instructions you mentioned
will safe a lot of useful space.

above are opinions now what I really think :Good work Fabian! :),
thanks a lot for the mokup
-