QNavitCtl - Navit Bookmarks via dbus

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Sat Aug 29 09:06:14 CEST 2009

arne anka:
> i just tried qnavitctl right now and had two problems:
> - where is the bookmarks.csv supposed to come from? navit creates
> bookmark.txt
> - tab "buttons", button "register" leads only to "could not get Navit
> instance" and
>
> QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
> reply: ""
> coud not get iter

Thanks for your feedback, please have a look at my frist mail:
you have to create a bookmarks.csv yourself

format is NOT the same as navit bookmarks.txt, but
name; lat; lon

The reason is I only support decimal coordinates in QNavitCtl and not all types of card mappings as Navit does.

The second error sounds like dbus is not activated for navit, you have to explicitely do this in navit.xml:

<plugin path="$NAVIT_LIBDIR/*/${NAVIT_LIBPREFIX}libbinding_dbus.so.0" active="yes"/>

by default it says "no" here