Encryption, Cameras and Games

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 25 11:28:56 CET 2009

2009/12/25 Rashid <r.kratou at tu-bs.de>:
> Hi guys,

Hi Rashid,

Do you already own a Freerunner?  I'm guessing not.  Unfortunately I
would advise that the available software is not yet stable enough for
this kind of serious work.  It's still quite common for people to
sometimes miss calls, miss messages, experience system hangs and have
to pull out the battery.

(It's also completely fantastic, and getting ever better and more
useful, and can do things that no other phone can do...  But the
reliability isn't there yet.)

Nevertheless, here's an answer to the question that I know about.

> 4. Mobile internet over GSM is working I think, or?

Yes, GPRS.  (i.e. not 3G, and so not very fast)  My experience is that
the connection sometimes drops for no reason, though; and when that
happens the software is sometimes confused and can't reactivate it.

Regards,
      Neil