problem with update

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 31 14:25:05 CET 2009

On Thursday 31 December 2009, nacer wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new freerunner user. I'm running shr but I'm experiencing two issues
> with that os:

testing or unstable?

> - my gps system seems to not working. When I launch tangogps I still
> have a "no gps found". Looking the logs, the system is looking for pwron
> file that doesn't exist.

The pwron file moved path in a kernel update some time ago. The daemon tries
both the old and new file when enabling the GPS, so one will always fail. This
is normal.

"no gps found" suggests fso-gpsd isn't running, or at least that tangogps is
failing to connect to it. what do you get with:
	ps -ef |grep gps

> - Then I thought an upgrade of the system would be a solution. But when
> I try the update, the Xserver stop functionning and I'm not able to make
> it works again.

What exactly did you do, and at what point did it fail?