unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

joakim at verona.se joakim at verona.se
Mon Feb 2 12:32:26 CET 2009

Im currently unable to get usb networking working with the freerunner:

I get this nearly everytime I connect the freerunner:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 79
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 80
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 81
usb 4-1: device not accepting address 81, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 82
usb 4-1: device not accepting address 82, error -71
hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

I had this issue before, but only sporadically. Now I get it nearly
always. What can I do? Will connecting a network adaptor to the
freerunner in host mode be more reliable?

--
Joakim Verona