Free file hosting

Alex Fitzpatrick agfitzp.openmoko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:52:22 CET 2009

Michele Renda wrote:
> Hello,
> I know this subject is not too much OM related, but it can help me to
> distribute software for FR.
> I have some application for FR I would like to share, and it would be
> very useful to me.
>
> Someone know a place where is possible to host some files for free? (Max
> 10-50 Mb)
> I need to have a folder where I can put my files, and other people can
> access via browser without a registration.
>
> I had a little server with apache, but now... i think he need a bit to
> relax.
>
> Thanks you in advance
> Michele Renda

Gmail... Old school is to mail it to yourself... new school is to use a
program that mails it to yourself:

http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html

"Gmail Filesystem provides a mountable Linux filesystem which uses your
Gmail account as its storage medium. Gmail Filesystem is a Python
application and uses the FUSE <http://fuse.sourceforge.net> userland
filesystem infrastructure to help provide the filesystem, and libgmail
<http://libgmail.sourceforge.net> to communicate with Gmail."

"GmailFS supports most file operations such as read, write, open, close,
stat, symlink, link, unlink, truncate and rename. This means that you
can use all your favourite unix command line tools to operate on files
stored on Gmail (e.g. cp, ls, mv, rm, ln, grep etc. etc.)."

--
Alex