State of OM/Freerunner

wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Wed Feb 4 02:28:28 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have been 'following' - admittingly - from a distance the dicussions on this
list.

As till now i have not found a CLEAR (!) overview over the current state of
the freerunner and its software stack(s).  In fact scanning through
the 'issues' on the list it looks as if things are not really workable at
all.  However knowing lists and the things ppl. try with the device, this
view might be overly negative.

What I would like to see or be pointed to is a web page or YouTube movie or
what not that shows what WORKS and with WHICH environment (OM, QT,
Android, ... ).

We are looking for a device that could be used in a professional context. I.e.
the device would be preconfigured for its purpose and no 'regular' end user
would need to 'configure' anything.

So could somebody point me to a place I could read that is CURRENT and allows
me to get a good (non-kernel, non-hardware, ...) overview over how usefull FR
is could be in the above situation.

Thanx