[Om2008.9] updating OSM data for tangoGPS

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Feb 5 10:32:43 CET 2009

El día Wednesday, February 04, 2009 a las 10:11:05PM +0100, Thomas Franck escribió:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > it seems that the logic depends on certain http://... values in
> > ~/.gconf/apps/tangogps/%gconf.xml
> > but I don't have that their; could someone show me the string how it
> > should look in tangogps/%gconf.xml to understand what it is expecting;
>
> Ahh.. that would be the way osm organizes their maps and where TangoGPS
> puts them....
>
> <entry name="repos" mtime="1229982139" type="list" ltype="string">
>   <li type="string">
>
> <stringvalue>OSM|http://tile.openstreetmap.org/%d/%d/%d.png|/media/card/maps/osm|0</stringvalue>
>   </li>
> </entry>

Thanks for the info, Thomas. It's interesting, my file
~/.gconf/apps/tangogps/%gconf.xml in my laptop and in the FR has only
the value

    <stringvalue>OSM</stringvalue>

and tangoGPS is happy; maybe the rest are hardcoded defaults in
tangoGPS;

As I said, I have my maps in my FreeBSD based laptop and syncing them
over with 'rsync' to another netbook and to the FR. If someone owns a laptop
I think this is the right way todo because the update takes its time (around
half hour for 2000 tiles) and if you have like me some 12000 tiles it
will take many hours. Thats why as well I dropped the Python Gtk tool
yaouh0.3_alpha.py and wrote my own one just as a command line shell script
(attached as yaouh.sh); in any case thanks to the original author of Yaouh for the
idea.

My script as well honours the existence of a file '.../OSM/lastrun' and one
can just create this file with

$ touch -t 02050724  lastrun  ## MMDDHHMM

to exclude, in this example, all tiles which are already newer then February 5, 7:24;
for example if you have to restart the script during a day;

HIH

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz