www.opkg.org - Repository Alpha

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Feb 7 17:12:30 CET 2009

Aapo: seems to work, thanks!

Tobias: how do you do the mirroring, is there a script that
automatically downloads the package to opkg.org? Seems to work good,
at least agps is available in the repo :)

Something to think about: Doesn't GPL actually say that if you share
the binary (=the packages?), you also have to share the source.. As
far as I understand this would mean you should be able to provide the
source code for each package, if requested. I understand that it's a
pain but I think it should be taken care of somehow.

I'd also like you to post news a bit more often (in the opkg.org
blog/news) about the status. There's no information about the
repository, for example. Also some upgrade about the possible future
re-design or mobile version would be interesting.

Thanks for your cool repo! I was playing with the idea of a dedicated
installed app for Freerunner: you launch the app, it downloads a list
of all opkg.org apps with descriptions and so on and installs it by a
press of a button. In a way zomg and appmanager do this but they don't
show categories and so on. Just an idea.

Keep on doing the good work!