[FSO m5] Cannot register to network (KPN-NL SIM) but can make phonecalls.

Bas openmoko at tcfaa.nl
Sat Feb 7 18:17:14 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a KPN-NL simcard. After zhone requests my pincode it reports it
has failed to register to the network. The dialer is disabled, so I
cannot dial a number from it. But I have signal strength (all bars). I
can receive phonecalls, I can send SMS messages. I can even dial a
number from my contact list on sim card. So all seems to work except
zhone thinks it has failed.

So M5 looks nice, but still unusable for me.
Maybe there is a config setting to force zhone to enable the dialer?

Greetz,

Bas