[SHR] Why is the Powerbutton sometimes red and sometimes blue while loading

Antony King ant at truebox.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 12:08:25 CET 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009 21:25:05 Steffen Winkler wrote:
> german is a bad(?) language...english is much better (easier to learn,
> better gramma and so on)

Damn, there goes the coffee all over my keyboard again :-D

Even as a native, english english speaker I can see english isn't the simplest
language to learn - I'm trying to teach my 3 yr old to read at the moment
which is an excellent way of discovering just how inconsistent spelling and
pronounciation is in english. I guess getting invaded every 2-300 years until
900 odd years ago, coupled with the royal family swanning about between
germany, france and spain ever since then is a great way of muddling up a
language :-) I do like "'s" for possessive though - whoever brought that one
to our shores was a genius :-)

Kudos to those non-natives on the list that write so well!

FWIW, I twigged akku as accumulator becuase that was the word used for
capacitors in the 1960's radio ham mags that my father had :-)