yaouh! 0.3 is out

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Feb 9 17:39:02 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at hist.no> wrote:
>> Could you provide us with your tangogps config file so I could try yaouh too.
>
> I can't see how that could help - I have my maps in /media/card/kart/
> That won't work for you unless you have exactly the same setup?
>
> And where is this file? ~/.tangogps has two 1-byte files.

pre-tangogps 0.9.5 saved the repository configuration by default in
these config files
0.9.5 has the repositories hard-coded

I suppose you've installed pre-0.9.5 version first and maybe later
updated to 0.9.5 -> your pre-0.9.5 version config files are still
around and both yaouh and tangogps use these files.

Now if someone installs 0.9.5 without previous installations -> no
config files around unless you manually write them or manually change
the settings of every repository tangogps uses.

Fresh tangogps 0.9.5 install -> no config files in ~/.tangogps ->
yaouh doesn't find folders/repositories to update.
Save a config file in ~/.tangogps -> both tangogps and yaouh will use this.

Write a config file from scratch -> fail.
Someone sends you a sample config file -> win :)

Got it ;)?

(I can't see why tangogps has it hard-coded..)