flashing Neo Freerunner problems

C R McClenaghan chris at mcclenaghan.com
Mon Feb 9 20:27:00 CET 2009

All,

I had set my Neo aside for a few weeks and on returning to it I'm
unable to flash a new kernel or root file system.

Of course I was previously able to flash. The most recent changes I
can recall involve restoring the Nand uboot as I had installed debian
and wanted to undo the changes to allow that to work. I cannot recall
the exact steps taken to accomplish that, but I believe it was
nominally successful and I installed FSO milestone 3. There have been
some changes to my host envrionment - MAC OS X with VMWare, but I'm
using the same Ubuntu 8.10 VM as was used to install the FSO ms 3. I
did create a CentOS 5.2 vm and have the same problem flashing there as
well.

When I run "dfu-util -l" while at the NOR menu there are no listed usb
devices. When I boot the NEO into FSO, I am able to connect via USB
networking.

I'm kind of stumped, and admit it might be something simple that I'm
forgetting, but I have not found anything in the wiki to solve this
problem or to jog my memory.

I do have a debug board and am prepared to go that route, but I've not
satisfied myself that it clearly the NEO versus my host environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris