Questions about the usability of GTA02

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 18:02:34 CET 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:25:25 +0000
Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > I think the
> > only way around this is to use a Bluetooth headset, but I don't
> > think the Bluetooth headset profile works in the version of the
> > bluetooth stack (bluez-3) that's on the Freerunner now.
>
> I'm sure Angus Ainslie reported he had it working some time ago with
> bluez-3. I thought it was just the A2DP part that may require
> bluez-4.

It might be the other way around :-)

I have A2DP working with bluez-3, as described on the A2DP page on the
wiki. Probably it will work with bluez-4 as well, but I've so far not
had any luck with FSO (perhaps due to some package mixup). I really
wish bluetooth would be less hassle to setup - it's not exactly rocket
science after all.

I guess the headset profile should work fine as well, but I've not
tried that so far.

// Simon