Re: [SHR - Latest unstable] Alarm

rhn rhn at o2.pl
Tue Feb 10 18:41:45 CET 2009

---- Wiadomość Oryginalna ----
Od: Tony Berth <tonyberth at googlemail.com>
>Dear List,
>
>When the Alarm gets triggered appears a message only but no sound.
>Found some 'answers' in the archives but none of them did
>work! Is something else I'm missing?
>
>Thanks
>
>Tony

I had this, too, but not on the very latest version.
The alarm tries to play the wav file at

/usr/share/elementary_alarm/sounds/phone.wav

I've made this directory and copied my file there.
You might also find a folder named (notice the hyphen):

/usr/share/elementary-alarm/

you could rename it to the version with underscore:

mv /usr/share/elementary-alarm/ /usr/share/elementary_alarm/

or make a symlink:

cd /usr/share; ln -s elementary-alarm elementary_alarm

Cheers
rhn