Questions about the usability of GTA02

Margo Koppelmann margo.koppelmann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 09:09:35 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Tschaka <Stuff4tschaka at gmx.net> wrote:

> Huh, thanks for your effort! This sounds nice and would totally fit my
> battery need for one day i guess. expecting some improvements later things
> would be even better, but apparently it already is well enough for my needs
> :)
>
> One more question: i guess you put the phone in suspend mode during the
> inactive time?
> furthermore i read some issues on audio quality lately. is the quality of
> audio playback acceptable with headset?
>
> Thanks for your help!

Yes, my phone is on suspend when I don't use it.

If I use my FR only for making calls (I only make a few calls every
day), playing some games and maybe a little GPRS usage then the
battery lasts about 50 hours.

I can't say about the audio quality, I usually listen to punk rock
music, so the audio quality is not important for me :D

But there's one problem with the headset. I bought a 2.5->3.5 adapter
for my headphones. And if I push it fully in then the music comes only
from the right headphone. I have to pull it out a little for the music
to come from both phones.

If you want to use Freerunner with OM2008.12 as a usable phone and
music player and internet device and gps device then there's so many
things you have to install and configure before it's usable. It took
me a lot of time to get everything installed and configured (and
there's still some things to do). But now there's the Kustomizer (
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Kustomizer ), maybe this can make life a
little easier.

I use my Freerunner currently as my everyday phone. But I always have
my old Nokia with me. Just in case.