flashing Neo Freerunner problems

Evgeniy Karyakin anthropophagite at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:42:01 CET 2009

2009/2/9 C R McClenaghan <chris at mcclenaghan.com>:
> I had set my Neo aside for a few weeks and on returning to it I'm
> unable to flash a new kernel or root file system.
>
> When I run "dfu-util -l" while at the NOR menu there are no listed usb
> devices. When I boot the NEO into FSO, I am able to connect via USB
> networking.

   Can you tell the list what is happening in host's dmesg when you
plug FR in while it's in NOR menu? I also had similar problems and
ended up with the fact that there's a difference between "plug the
PC<->FR cable, then power FR up to NOR menu" and "power FR up to NOR
menu, then plug the PC<->FR cable". After this change I was able to
see FR in dfu-util device listing.