Opensatnav project requires help, especially from a coder (or 2).

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:39:08 CET 2009

Hi, all.

Sorry about the shameless request for help!

I am currently using AndNav2 (http://www.andnav.org/) on my Google G1
'phone (not as open as I thought it would be).  Regardless of my
repeated attempts, the core of this satnav application remains
closed-source (proprietary).  This has brought me to thinking that it
would be much better to produce an open source alternative.

My idea is to develop initially for the G1 and for Openmoko, and then
port to other embedded devices, as interest grows.  At the moment, I
am using Openstreetmap as a place to record my ideas
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Opensatnav.org).

I'd really appreciate it if anybody on the list could take a moment to
have a look at my ideas.  So that the list moderators don't get upset,
please email me personally if you are interested in the project.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/