Neverball, anyone?

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sun Feb 15 07:56:47 CET 2009

Steffen Winkler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since I've seen that game on a mobile telephone of a friend I want it
> for the FR, too.
>

> Source code is on the website ( http://neverball.org ) in the download
> section...the source code has to be compiled, so I think the compiler
> has to be installed on the neo first...but would that all work? Because
> the neo processor is not the best and it's not a 686 processor or
> something like that...

The game, as it is on the site, is, I think, totally unsuitable for the
FR. The gameplay is completely mouse/static monitor oriented. A port of
the game would have to switch to accelerometer/static view based
interface (the dynamic view simply makes no sense, as the view switches
left and right as the ball changes direction, which would seem totally
unnatural in the context of a held tilted screen). The FAQ on the site
specifically states that changing the zoom would entail completely
redesigning all of the levels, a statement I tend to agree with.

Shachar