Freerunner is running OpenWrt!

f0rdprefect matthias.berse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 12:54:07 CET 2009

Hi Mirko,

Mirko Vogt wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm glad to announce that OpenWrt now has basic support for the Openmoko
> GTA02 "Freerunner"!

amazing work. I followed the instructions on the wiki to set up the build
environment and everything did compile. I got a uImage and a rootfs as
described. The rootfs is only about 1MB which is a bit small, right? So I
was wondering what to select in the menuconfig to get to a point where I
have "a working phone" . Sorry if this sounds stupid, but so far I only ever
flashed prebuild images to the freerunner and even my wrt54gs only got
prebuild images.

Any pointers where to go from here would be great. I was really amazed on
how easy it was to set up the openwrt build environment. Would love to
contribute with some tests and feedback though my coding abilities are
really limited...

Thanks,

Matthias