About the buzz

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Mon Feb 16 12:32:18 CET 2009

  The Buzz is most prominent on 900mhz and then 1800. That's what I've
been told and it makes sense. Essentially the Buzz is caused by RF
getting into the mixer line then makes it way to one of the power lines
going to the mic, which is why Joergs fix involves adding a CAP to the
line going from the mixer to the mic. Personally, I have an 850 phone
and have never heard the buzz. If you happen to be in an area where 900
is served up, then you got buzz, less on 1800, and none at 1900. What
matters is the frequency the FR is on.