Fso Python binding

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 16 13:19:06 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 09:28 +0100, Michele Renda wrote:
> This was my second question. I come from Java, so the convention are
> "getName", "setAge".
> But now, thinking to pygtk, I remember that the convention was
> "get_name","set_age". I will fix it.
> Can you please confirm that the Python convention about classes
> remain
> "MyWondefulClass"?
Yes, you can see the python convention in PEP8 [0]. The classes are in
CapitalizedWords and the method names in lower_case_with_underscores.

Then, it is also said somewhere in the document that consistency is more
important than following the style, so in your case I would got for the
methods with the same name than the dbus functions (CapitalizedWords)

> > Yes I know the pain of trying to write generic code for gobject, qt
> or
> > efl. The python Dbus library allow you to specify the underlying
> > mainloop you are using when you create the bus object, in your case
> that
> > would be more tricky I guess cause you use GObject as a base class
> for
> > all you proxies. May be possible though.
> >
> I don't know Qt, but I think there is something like QObject that do
> the
> same work (more or less).
> I want to have a look... A lot of people told me that developing with
> Qt
> is more funny than with Gtk.
My opinion on that : If I use C++, I prefer using Qt, but if I use C or
python, then I prefer gtk. Then, Qt provides things that gtk doesn't (I
don't know if the opposite is also true...)

gui

[0] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/