[FSO M5] - Answering a Call

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 18 01:40:34 CET 2009

Am Tuesday 17 February 2009 20:46:20 schrieb SCarlson:
>  Does anyone know a good fix for the answer call "delay".. When I get a
> call, I hit the answer button, and it takes approx. 3-5 seconds for the
> phone to actually pick the call up??? What the heck is it doing? heh... Has
> anyone tweaked around with this yet?

This is a (temporary) result of fixing bug FSO #205 as described in
http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/205

At the moment, we serialize all dbus signals initiated by oeventsd, meaning we
wait until the result has been parsed, before we send the next one. In
particular, this means we probably wait until the ring tone has stopped
before actually taking the call and switching the audio scenario. "Thanks" to
gstreamer and its audio buffers, this can take up to 3 seconds.

This behaviour is slightly suboptimal for calls to different subsystems, which
do not need to be serialized.

Please open a ticket with this mail, so we do not forget the issue and I'll
try to come up with a speed-up.

In the meantime, please check whether applying the attached patch improves it
for you.

Cheers,
--
:M: