Speech dispatcher output to bluetooth (navit) ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Wed Feb 18 14:18:34 CET 2009

See below...

Am 15.02.2009 um 22:45 schrieb Rask Ingemann Lambertsen:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 09:38:41PM +0100, Lothar Behrens wrote:
>> Has no one got the output of speech-dispatcher into a bouetooth
>> headset ?
>>
>> Using mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth works, but not spd-say. It
>> always comes out of the speaker.
>
>   What does the speech-dispatcher documentation say about selecting
> a sound
> card for output?

I havent found anyting usefull in the documentation or in the
configuration files.

>   Also try some of the stuff from the wiki:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_audio_subsystem#Driver_Status_3
>
>   Specifically these:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/images/3/3d/Btcpu_gta02.state.txt
> http://handheldshell.com/bluetooth_pcm
> http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/~gg/bluetooth-pcm/bluetooth_pcm.c
>
>   Usage would be something like this:
>
> $ alsactl restore -f Btcpu_gta02.state.txt
> $ ./bluetooth_pcm &
> [play some sound here]

using 'spd-say Hello' doesn't plays anything on my BT device.

> $ killall bluetooth_pcm

Here it plays again on the internal speaker.

>   The interesting controls of the state file are these:
>
> 20 'Sidetone Capture Volume' -> 0 (increase as needed).
> 64 'Capture Right Mux' -> 'Sidetone' to route playback mixer sound
> into right ADC.
> 66 'Capture Right Mixer' -> 'Analogue Mix Right' to record right
> channel
>   from right ADC.
> 67 'Capture Left Mixer' -> 'Analogue Mix Right' to record left channel
>   also from right ADC.
> 68 'Playback Mixer Voice Capture Sw' -> false to not mix GSM output
> into the
>   sidetone.
> 69 'Playback Mixer Left Capture Swi' -> true to mix left output into
> the
>   sidetone.
> 70 'Playback Mixer Right Capture Sw' -> true to mix right output
> into the
>   sidetone.
>
> (Maybe look at control 22 'Capture Volume' too?)

Are the settings for the state file above working for you playing 'spd-
say Hello' without modifying the contents from that link ?

After looking into the code, is there a need for modifying the device
respect to my neo ?

This is because I call the following python script before I start
mplayer with bt support.

#!/usr/bin/python
import dbus
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
manager = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez'),
'org.bluez.Manager')
conn = manager.ActivateService('audio')
audio = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object(conn, '/org/bluez/audio'),
'org.bluez.audio.Manager')
path = audio.CreateDevice('00:1D:82:04:AA:40')
audio.ChangeDefaultDevice(path)
print path
sink = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object(conn, path),
'org.bluez.audio.Sink')
sink.Connect()

Lothar

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de