[FSO M5] - Answering a Call

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 18 17:43:01 CET 2009

Am Wednesday 18 February 2009 16:20:43 schrieb Helge Hafting:
> Not taking the call until the ringtone stops is actually a good idea,
> the caller is probably not interested in hearing the last parts of the
> ringtone.

Hehe, true, although on the Neo hardware this won't be a problem since
switching the audio scenarios to handset turns off the stereoout.

> Instead, there is a need for a "ringtone player" that can be switched
> off in 0.02s or so.

Yes, the Neo is a bit on the too slow side for the gstreamer infrastructure. I
guess we might look into something that just dumps out a raw file
via /dev/adsp.

> dbus can run with high priority, so it doesn't become a bottleneck.

Sure thing, eventually we will have different one process per framework
subsystem which will have different task priorities anyways.

Cheers,
--
:M: