HTC Dream Developer Edition / T-Mobile G1

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 18 21:05:04 CET 2009

Hello.

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 14:46, Daniel Benoy wrote:

> Are there any plans to make the FSO framework compatible with the hardware
> in this device (and, by extension, make Debian and current/future openmoko
> distributions compatible)?

Funny, I was thinking about exactly this again today.

We, FSO, are always looking for promising new devices that gives us the freedom
put FSO on it and make it usable. The sad downside is that the G1 dev phone
costs around 600USD all in all (399$ device, 180$ shipping to .de, 25$ google
developer account. :/) And even if I'm willing to spent time testing FSO out on
it I'm not willing to pay such an amount next to the time I had to invest on
working with it.

One good thing is that we have already have support on the gsm modem side for
other HTC devices with a similar chipset and the HTC hacker tell me that it
should already work (not tested).

regards
Stefan Schmidt