[Debian]Voice recorder - ecasound --> Help

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:44:23 CET 2009

Hi community

I am running the Hackable1 , and try to find a lightweight and simple way to
record and play voice notes. I discovered "ecasound" via a google search.
(
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/browse_thread/thread/d2caa54f7448993a/14d58b5ea003409a?lnk=raot).

I am trying to use it from command-line to record some sound (me talking :D
) with the following line :
*ecasound -i /dev/dsp     -o mynotes.wav -c*
Pressing on "t" will start recording. When finished, press on "s" to stop
then "q" to quit.

I tried to open the mynotes.wav file with *audacity*, but I cannot see any
"waves", though my file size is  4Mo/ So my conclusion is ecasound worked
well, but I should have change the scenario (one of the *.state file )
before recording ?

So I need your help to test ecasound and report any solution. If I can get
it to work, I will try to create a simple gui to run it

Thanks in advance

Kimaidou