[debian] No right click with tslib 0.0.5-1+fso1

Daniel Benoy daniel at benoy.name
Thu Feb 19 19:24:31 CET 2009

I have this same problem.  Perhaps something has changed with the debian distribution in the most recent versions that somehow negated the tslib patch?  I'm positive that it's installed, and I'm using the xev command to look at the raw output, and there are no right clicks no matter what I do.

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 10:27:19 you wrote:

> > > The wiki says it's the other way round. Anyway I tried both and they
> > > didn't
> > > work...
> >
> > my bad. i once built xglamo with tslib support and it worked, but for
> > several reasons i abandoned that month ago and use now fbdev+libgtkstylus.
> >
> > > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian#Simulating_right_click_with_stylus
> > >
> > > Is there a way to find out *why* it's not working? Atm I just try and
> > > fail, this is not too productive... :D
> >
> > what springs to mind are two things:
> > - lxde has problems itself or does not support right click (configuration
> > issue?)
> > - you configuration for tslib or libgtkstylus is wrong or interfers with
> > something
> >
> > ~/.xsession-errors and/or /var/log/Xorg.0.log may contain useful
> > information.
> >
> > now i have the fr handy, my working xorg.conf below (and, indeed, it is
> > fbdev+tslib)
> [...]
>
> Mine looks similar.
> First you said "... and use now fbdev+libgtkstylus" - in your last line
> it's "fbdev+tslib" again. So *what* are you using actually?
> I have now removed the modified tslib version (-fso1) again because with it
> and libgtkstylus installed simultaneously, the backlight didn't come up
> anymore once clicking the screen. ATM, I have libgtkstylus installed and
> $GTK_MODULES gets set in ~/.xsession as said in the wiki.
> No right click with this setup.
> Switched over to tslib with patch (0.0.5-1+fso1), removed libgtkstylus, added
> option in xorg.conf, restarted x - still no right click.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Marcel

Daniel Benoy