Annuncing new Project - Intone mplayer frontend

Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik ruskie at codemages.net
Fri Feb 20 08:54:59 CET 2009

:2009-02-19T22:51:c_c:

> bought me to the conclusion that mplayer already does so (using libmad for
> mp3 and maybe tremor for ogg - though I'm not sure about the tremor part).

Take a look at mpg123 and it's libmpg123. It's highly optimised but
there is no ARM port as far as I know so that might be needed. I've used
it on a p133(I tried both madplay and mpg123)

Both decoding the same file:

madplay 60-70%
mpg123 30-40%

Of course mpg123 has a lot of assembly stuff as well but I'm guessing
this might actually be a really good idea to get working. And yes mpg123
has been Free Software for quite some time now(atleast from 2006-08-30).

This is just a FYI ;)

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodies.
Ryle hira.