Community Updates/February 20, 2009 released !

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Fri Feb 20 14:32:15 CET 2009

Hi,

I can't speak for the whole engineering, but I can bring light on paroli
and the respective images.

Over the past 7 days we have:

- gotten daily build unstable images which by now boot directly into paroli
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/unstable/NeoFreerunner/fso-paroli-image-om-gta02.jffs2
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/unstable/NeoFreerunner/uImage-2.6.28-oe1+gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r3-om-gta02.bin

They do come with bugs and issues sometimes critical like today when
paroli hangs because a resource in the framework is not available at
paroli launch. This will be gone tomorrow.

- Fixed lots of bugs and issues such as:
-- unicode in message reading
phone automatically
-- made all our lists automatically react to changes in items etc
-- gui issues such as the PIN dialog
-- got rid of the green topbar ;)
-- muting ringtone on incoming call
-- muting call in call (also as of tomorrow again)

- moved most of the Milestone two tickets[1] to testing

and

- were feverishly working on the stuff for the next milestone[2]

What are we planning to do next?

- keep on fixing issues in MS2
- continue working towards MS3
- get the kbd to match paroli on the image
- get messaging and contacts up and running as soon as possible to allow
brave testers to use paroli daily ... any volnteers ? ;)

Hope this is what you were looking for.
If not just give me a ping and I'll spill out more details.

And again if anyone is interested in helping out with paroli, contribute
code or test or or or ... Let us know!

/mirko

[1]
http://paroli-project.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=closed&status=code_review&status=new&status=reopened&status=testing&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=component&milestone=Milestone+2
[2]
http://paroli-project.org/trac/roadmap