fyp in qemu?

Kai Timmer email at kait.de
Fri Feb 20 17:09:31 CET 2009

Hello,
i am new to this whole openmoko stuff, so please be patient with me ;)

I tried to get a fyp installation running in qemu. Here is what i did:
1. compiled qemu with:

$ svn checkout https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/host/qemu-neo1973
$ cd qemu-neo1973
$ ./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu
$ make

then i downloaded the 2 files from here:
http://opensvn.csie.org/fyp/releases/2.17/
and put them in ./openmoko/

now i changed openmoko/env to match the filenames.
A openmoko/flash.sh runs fine until it stops with the following error:

Please wait, programming the NAND flash...
qemu: fatal: Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x00000004
[followed by a qemu register dump]

What is going wrong? Is it possible at all to get this running (i need
something to play with until my device is delivered :) )?

Greets,
--
Kai Timmer
Email : email at kait.de