yaml rule to stop suspending when using gps

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 21 13:28:11 CET 2009

Tkx, but what I was hoping for was a way to say
"If tangogps is running, dont turn screen off or suspend, even if on
battery"

If I am using gps, there are two scenarios - I am using it to navigate
hence I am looking at the screen, or I am waiting for a lock.  Having it
continually dimming or suspending might be desirable to save battery
life, but its REALLY annoying when on the bike :)

It would be much nicer if the FR could put itself into the correct
configuration automaticly, not for me to open the settings, then open
power, then change the settings, only to go through the whole rigmorole
again when Ive finished with gps

If yaml wont do it, might have to resort to perl and dbus

BillK

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 13:16 +0100, Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> Now you can enable and disable auto-suspending and auto-dimming in
> shr-settings (under Power settings there are two toggles).

Home in Perth!