OpenCellID (was OpenBmap logger (GSM positioning)])

Nick realtimeblog at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:59:26 CET 2009

Thomas,

I agree with you about the train and people in the train.
what about bad gps hdop,... ?

I agree your approach  will be probably enought for assited GPS.
(anyone knows the precision needed ?)

but I don't think this is the right one for the other services mentionned.

Thinking of a high quality "my position" service (google kind),
we will not achieve it not treating gps hdop, gps speed...

so to be constructive in order to merge our databases,
would you be ready to collect gps speed, gps (hvp)dop and make these
info available
in your (very large) measures file ?

 From this, I could provide you with a new mapping manager that identify
the cells position calculated with gps (hvp)dop, gps speed when these
values are available
the cells position calculated with no gps (hvp)dop, gps speed because
these values are not available

We would have only one database with both quantity (the whole database)
and quality for some cells. (Hoping that the best quality,
would be available for all the cells in the future)

what do you think about it ?

regards,
Nick