Installing software?

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 00:35:31 CET 2009

to install programs you can either:
*download it on your host pc, scp it to the freerunner and install it
*connect the FR to the internet (usb/wifi/bluetooth...) and opkg
install something
*connect the FR to the internet and use the graphical UI that is
included in some distro's like 2008.x

a very easy way is to set up usb networking
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking),
ssh into your FR,
take a look at for example www.opkg.org,
and copy paste the code to install something in the terminal when
shh'd into the freerunner