[FSO] Any luck with bluetooth headsets?

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 10:19:08 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:54:58 +0800
Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> | I also saw the DAI discussion, but I don't understand the issue well
> | enough to know what to do. It feels like we are very close but not
> | quite there yet.
>
> As I understand it, the problem with CPU digital audio on BT is that
> there is no routing path in the WM8753 hardware between the two
> digital audio interfaces (CPU and BT).  As in literally it's not
> there in the chip.
>
> Maybe there's some way to meddle it through the ADC and DAC but other
> than that it doesn't work IIUI.

Hmm... What does this mean then? Is this to say that streaming voice
from the GSM directly to BT isn't possible as described on

  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Audio_Subsystem

? I'm not actually sure what I'm really using, but I suppose that would
be done through the CPU anyway? What could be the reason that outgoing
audio works but not incoming?

IIUI - "If I understand it"? I'm too old for internet vernacular :-)

// Simon