[Debian]Voice recorder - ecasound --> Help

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun Feb 22 14:33:09 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:40:18AM +0100, kimaidou wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I totally agree with you, i will implement this for the 0.2 version
> For the mono thing, I would like it but I don't know yet how to do it. This
> is why when you open a wav recorded file with audacity, you can see the 2
> left and right side, but only the right has data... This is not good.

   Have a look at controls 66 and 67. Depending on how your state file
routes the mic input, set them both to right or left. Example:

$ amixer sset 'Capture Right Mixer' 'Analogue Mix Right'
$ amixer sset 'Capture Left Mixer' 'Analogue Mix Right'

   (Why do we have both? They are forced to the same value.)

   Then select the same ADC as capture source for both channels (control
51):

$ amixer sset 'ADC Data Select' 'Right ADC'

   I have attached two state files, one to capture from the headset mic and
one to capture from the handset mic. Both use automatic level control and
the one to capture from the headset mic also uses the noise gate ("squelsh")
control. The signal level at the handset mic is unfortunately too low for
that.

   Please also refer to the wiki as there are a _lot_ of ways to route sound
to and from various places with the WM8753L:
https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_audio_subsystem

   It would be really great to have a mixer app where you could point out the
controls on a diagram such as the one on the wiki page.

> So if
> someone knwos the parameter to put in arecord to record only one mono sound,
> this would help !

   -c 1, but the WM8753L doesn't support mono. You can work around it by using
'-D plughw:0,0' instead of '-D hw:0,0'. Alternatively:

$ arecord --help | grep -F -e 'separate-channels'
-I, --separate-channels one file for each channel

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen