[FSO] Any luck with bluetooth headsets?

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 19:48:33 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:43:20 +0300
Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  With SCORouting=PCM I did get static and some sought of noise once
> > the control connection was established...
>
> Probably you'd get sound if you routed any source inside WM8753 to the
> bluetooth DAI.
>
> [...] Please see the new routing diagrams of the wiki, they make
> routing and DAI modes more clear.

I'm trying to follow these diagrams - I assume you mean the diagrams
under "ALSA Channels" on the wiki page [1]? For GSM<->BT, DAI mode 0
should be used, which I guess corresponds to this switch in the alsa
state file:

	control.50 {
		comment.access 'read write'
	        comment.type ENUMERATED
	        comment.count 1
		comment.item.0 'DAI 0'
		comment.item.1 'DAI 1'
		comment.item.2 'DAI 2'
		comment.item.3 'DAI 3'
		iface MIXER
		name 'DAI Mode'
		value 'DAI 0'
	}

Since the mic on the bluetooth headset works, I presume that the basic
setup should be OK, but that the controls are somehow wrong. The
configuration file I use is [2], which the author states has worked
before two-way. I've tried to follow the diagrams, and to me it seems
like the setup shown in the diagram under "Using Bluetooth headset with
GSM" should be valid. As far as I can tell, the state file also sets
this up (knobs 54,57,58,64,65,62).

Could the "Digital filters" block can be setup wrong and effectively
mute outgoing sound?

// Simon
[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Audio_Subsystem#using_Bluetooth_headset_with_GSM
[2] http://www.robsims.com/GSMBLUETOOTH.txt