Need for application like PC Suite from Nokia?

Andreas Willich andreas_willich at gmx.at
Sun Feb 22 20:29:37 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 12:02 +0100, Gunnar AAstrand Grimnes wrote:
> If you are targetting FSO (as you should, since alternative are not
> maintained), my understanding is that the PIM API part (opimd?) supports
> several different backends for actually storing the information (i.e.
> the FSO layer only provides a dbus layer on top of whatever is
> underneath) For instance, it may be put on top of the embedded evolution
> data server [1] - and (I think) this already is supported by opensync
> somehow, i.e. it could save lots of work.

At the moment the sync targets OM 2008.12 and Microsoft Outlook, because
I am using Outlook at work where I maintain my calendar and contacts.

But it adaptable to support different PIMs on Neo and PC side. FSO
support is on my roadmap.

> What this does NOT provide though is the actual sending of SMS, I would
> like an app like Blue Phone Elite (for the mac), which lets me
> send/receive sms from the normal desktop (i guess this is like the nokia
> pc suite)

This could be one of the functions of such an "Moko/Neo Suite"
application.