(SHR) again

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun Feb 22 21:31:12 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 05:19:29PM +0100, Francesco de Virgilio wrote:

> Klaus Kurzmann ha scritto:
> > * Francesco de Virgilio <fradeve11 at gmail.com> [090222 15:42]:

> >> Same here! SHR unstable it's fantastic, stable and really usable as a
> >> daily phone.
> >> Just one problem: I've a cheap BL-5C battery which works like a charm
> >> with all my nokia phones, but with the Neo FreeRunner is not recognized.
> >> That battery with OM 2008.12 doesn't show any info with apm, but worked ok.
> >
> >> On SHR unstable, even with the battery fully charged and connected to
> >> USB, after 5 minutes, SHR autonomously power off the phone. I set all
> >> the values in Settings -> Power Management to "-1", but nothing.

   The only battery state indication you have with a non-BQ27000 battery is
the voltage as measured by the charger. I don't know where that has gone in
the 2.6.28 kernels, but in 2.6.24, it was something like
/sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pcf50633/battvolt. You can try to file a feature
request with the SHR and FSO people to use it when you're not using the
standard GTA02 battery.

> Pardon, I answer myself[1]: the GPS is powered on autoagically on boot,
> so... is there a way to default power it off on boot?
>
> [1] http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Draft%3ASHRSettingsApp#lookfeel

   That's not what it says. It says "now gps is starting automatically",
which on FSO-based distributions usually means off unless in use. You should
have a sysfs file to check:

$ cat /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/power_on
0

(If it's not there in the kernel you're running, try to find it with the
command "find /sys -name 'neo1973-pm-gps*' -print".)

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen