[ubuntu host] NetworkManager improvements

Denis Johnson denis.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 04:02:18 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us> wrote:
> I know several people here have had problems with the NetworkManager
> bugs in Intrepid.

Although slightly OT in regards to your FR question, I have found many
recommend to install Wicd, http://www.wicd.net/ which removes Network
Manager and allows you to use profiles and the like. All my problems
in relation to standard Ubuntu wireless and wired network networking
have gone away since I have updated my machines.  However, I am not
certain how Wicd plays with the FR USB settings as I am yet to try try
and connect my FR on a Wicd based machine. When I get a chance to I
will report here.

If anyone has already tried then please chime in.

cheers Denis